We had a whirlwind of a vacation to Dallas for Thanksgiving! By Tuesday night, it became apparent that Tyler would not be able to join us for the holiday. We took a quick look at flights and decided a trip for the rest of the family to join him was the best solution! As a side note- 15 minutes after I made the reservations, Savannah threw up. I guess it was due to the antibiotic she was taking for strep throat since none of the rest of us got sick- whew! Anyway, Neal and
Leslie (more pictures here as well) were kind enough to add 6 extra places for us. We spent most of Thursday on the plane, and arrived at their home at about 6 p.m. It was really fun (for us) because much of my extended family had somehow found themselves there as well... so sorry Leslie, but it was wonderful! The kids had a great time connecting to cousins.

We celebrated Jackson's birthday on Saturday with a trip to Benihana.

(I know- my eyes are closed. I couldn't see without my glasses anyway!)
Then off to the Galleria for ice skating.

Oliver with Uncle Shelby.

The kids loved MoMo.


Did you know Tucker has sprouted his curls?

Although I'm not usually much for spontaneity as it applies to anything last minute, this turned out really well. Made me kind of re-think all the planning I usually do (baby steps...
be a satisficer).
2 comments:
we are so glad you came. i love your family, i told emmaline she could come back anytime. she was always so cheerful and helpful, and i loved it!
Thank goodness you finally posted. I was getting really out of sorts. So many comments, such little space: love Tucker's curls. Love how he loves the little kids. Congrats to Emmaline on the turkey trot. Congrats to you for surviving a spontaneous plane trip with small children by yourself. Get better soon Savannah, and hurry up people and finish that basement room!
Post a Comment