Yesterday Savannah had a soccer game at Cottonwood Elementary. Since Ollie had to go to the bathroom, I took some time walking the halls, reflecting. It's only been a little over 4 years since I worked there, but it feels like forever! I was thinking about how much my life has changed since then and I thought about a picture I found a couple of weeks ago.
When I first saw this picture, it made me cry. My focus was obviously so consumed with Joey (as it should have been... I was at work) and how Savannah seems to be "fending for herself." Granted, this was a field trip that I let her tag along- but I think I sometimes carried my work over into the rest of my life too much. Tyler and I have always talked about me going back to work when Tucker gets in first grade- both for the monetary benefit and my emotional sanity. I'm wondering what I'll do that I can leave at work. I love child psychology. It's fascinating, it's rewarding- and it's emotionally draining. I think in some ways I was much better at it before I had kids although I understand it much more since then. Just something I've been thinking about.And by the way... doesn't Oliver look just like Savannah?! When I had Emmaline, LaVar said, "Doesn't it make you want to have a dozen more, just to see what they will turn out like?" (because the first two looked so different.) But the older they get, the more I think all my kids looks identical!
2 comments:
that is weird how much oliver looks like savannah. and i never did meet joey, it's nice to put a face with the name. i don't ever think about going back to work after the kids are all in school, i've lost all confidence in the abilities i once had as a working person. i wanna go back to school. :)
really, I don't think Ollie and Savannah look that much alike. Similar but not....
You spent so much on Joey, time, emotion, thought, you must miss him a lot. Working with all children is draining, I can only imagine the effort needed with special needs children, but you are good at it.
Post a Comment