Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dear Oliver,


Please note that paper crimpers are made to be used for the express purpose of crimping paper. Use with any other objects or materials will result in less than satisfactory results. Cranberry bread will become stuck in the rubber rollers. Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal will be smashed to oblivion. Your creativity and experimentation, while notable, is causing your mother a lot of unnecessary clean up. Your attention to this matter is appreciated. Failure to use good judgement in the future may result in the permanent confiscation of craft materials.

Much Love, The Management

4 comments:

Tyler H said...

Interesting choice for making notable. I suppose this was easier to figure out exactly what happened, as opposed to say: what might have resulted in our electric ear thermometer being found in a cup of water beside the sink? Or what may have prompted the flowing crystal farm of "fresh start" aquarium conditioner on the mirrored coffee table (and underlying Persian rug)? I think possibly the legions (I didn't even know we had that many) of stuffed animals completely covering our stairs may be a bigger deal, as his father clearly cant seem to look at the stairs prior to attempting to scale them. I do, however, understand we must pick our battles.so let me know what i can do to help on the front you have selected.

Judy Huntzinger said...

This is so funny! Not for you. Nor are the "experiments" Tyler mentions, but not being a part of such experiences but just hearing about them make them very entertaining. I do remember such experiments/experiences in our home, like the time someone poured water in my electric hairdryer thinking it would have a different result that a freaked out mother, but they do grow up and have similar experiences themselves it seems....

Matt H. said...

Like I always say, You won't know if you don't try!

Collings Family said...

This is not giving me much hope that Carter's curiosity will lessen by the time he's Oliver's age. I love that he's curious, I hate the destruction left in his wake!