Reading Kristi's blog today... I couldn't pass this one up.
Savannah has a soccer tournament in Park City this weekend. Since Tyler is out of town, I had to have all the kids dressed, fed ready for a full day of soccer and to the field by 7:30 a.m. this morning. I was feeling pretty good about myself until I turned around to get Oliver out of the car and realized that he wasn't wearing any shoes. Nothing a trip to Wal-Mart can't cure... so we dropped Savannah off (early, I must add) and headed to the store. While we were in the parking lot, I decided to put on my make-up which prompted Emmaline to say...
"Why are you putting on make-up? Nobody cares what YOU look like." (Yes, there was an emphasis on the word "YOU.")
Nothing like a child to bring you back to earth... or in Kristi's case, to put you on Cloud 9. Could I borrow Ella for a day?!
5 comments:
Oh man, I was laughing so hard at this one!! I wonder how long it will last, Ella thinking I'm a super star. You can borrow Ella if I can borrow Ollie!! He is too funny, Dan and I got a big kick out of the last post. I love the "litterbug" I bet he's fun to have around! :)
oh ouch. that one will be remembered, to be sure!
OUCH!
I remember when I was young and I hadn't met you yet. Tyler was telling me all about you...explaining your perfect lips and the cute way they moved when you talked. He told me all about your beautiful red curls and the color of your skin. The way he told it - with all of the emotion- it was like a fabulous fairytale. Then we went to the airport to pick you up.I was so excited to meet you. I remember it perfectly. You were standing there next to your bags, smiling. And you were JUST like what Tyler had said. You were beautiful. Your personality and style are always right on...and as a mother, nearly perfect. Even when your pregnant and sick as a dog you look good...well, as corny as it is you are still a hero to me.
If it makes you feel better, I care what you look like! I think you are one of my most beautiful cousins. With makeup or without!
What she meant to say was, "Mom YOU don't need make-up cause you're so beautiful!" Seriously. Intimidatingly, strikingly, makes everyone jealous beautiful.
Post a Comment