On Sunday, Sacrament was really strange. As the meeting began, instead of letting the speakers give their talks, the bishop started calling random people from the audience to bear their testimony (a young woman to speak on girl's camp, a young man on scout camp, some of the newly released Primary Presidency). We found out later it was because the main speaker was unable to print her talk from home and the person she asked to print it was also unable to print it at her house... so people were emailing and getting it printed.
Anyway, of course I had to leave to feed Tucker and Tyler is out of town, so my kids were sitting by themselves (with two neighbor kids they had invited to church). You know Emmaline, she only pays attention about 1/4 of the time (if that)... she thought it seemed like a fast and testimony meeting and decided she would take Oliver up on the stand to bear his testimony. Unfortunately (for all of us), Savannah didn't realize what was happening until they were on the stand. She had to go up there and tell them to come back and sit back down. It's a good thing we live where we live, otherwise I might have to be REALLY embarrassed. But since there were only about 30 people at the meeting... I have to only be slightly embarrassed every time this story is retold!
5 comments:
Your right, only in that ward would that be ok. J/K that sounded bad. I love your kids stories!! :)
I meant randomly calling people up to bear their testimonies, not Emmaline taking Oliver up.(that's cute) Had to clear that up!
Wow. Weird that they didn't just use them (Emmaline and Oliver), you know since they were already up there and all... Was Emmaline really disapponted? I am a little surprised that Savannah was able to get up enough courage to go all the way up there to get them. BTW who told you this story?
hhhahaha - at first I read it wrong and thought YOU took Oliver up!! SO VERY glad it was Emmaline 'cause THAT would have been embarrassing!
When I came back into the meeting, the speaker (Janelle- former Primary President) said, "I'm glad to know that Primary children are excited to bear their testimonies. That's your children, Charlotte." Nice.
Post a Comment