Thursday, October 28, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

While the girls carved pumpkins at church, we spent the evening carving pumpkins with the boys. (Please excuse the quality of the pictures. My cameras battery was dead and the iphone doesn't do well in low light!)

Oliver wasn't afraid to just dig right in.

Tucker was a little more hesitant about getting his hands messy.

Oliver really wanted a pretty complicated face, so we had to spend a little extra time simplifying it into something he could actually carve =)
It was easier to just let Tucker draw his right on the pumpkin.

And of course... you have to finish in Kevin's tradition of a "spooky bath." I think Kevin must have been about Oliver's age when he came up with this tradition because Oliver was much more excited about it than he's ever been before.

I think they turned out pretty cute.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I love the spooky bath tradition!