There are some parts of Halloween that I really love. Not the weird, scary stuff. And of course the history. Wait, why do I like Halloween again? Oh yeah- the dreaming up and making of costumes is really a lot of fun. Of all my kids, I think Emmaline shares that joy the most.
From Cindy Loo Who, to the jellyfish - we've done them all. This year she wanted to be a ham & cheese sandwich- or, as Tucker likes to say, "A sandwich (pause) of ham." In her defense, I think she thought it would be simple. She actually found a pattern, of sorts, on the internet. We just didn't realize, when we started to make it, that environmentalists have made it almost impossible to find white foam (they now produce "green" foam made of soy products- it is environmentally friendly and actually green in color). After searching and making a million phone calls, we finally found the offensive stuff at a closeout fabric store. Whew, that was close.
1 comment:
Funny Emmaline, hope to see the final results in pictures, sandwich~ of ham.
Post a Comment