Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch

I remember the year Savannah and I went to visit Mama in Missouri and there was a great pumpkin patch there with hayrides, a corn maze, a tricycle course- it was so fun! When I came back to Utah, I set out to find something similar and was very disappointed. There wasn't anything like that! But I did find a fabulous pumpkin field owned by some relatives of a friend of mine. We've been visiting every year since. This year they had a difficult crop. Because of the late snow, they couldn't plant until the second week in June. Then, right when the pumpkins started to grow, we had a hail storm! It was still fun, but the variety wasn't as good as it has been in past years. Savannah wasn't able to go with us. Right as we were leaving, someone from Young Women called to ask where she was. They were going to do baptisms and she forgot to tell me!
Emmaline is always such a ball of energy there- running from row to row, it's difficult to get a good shot. She had to bring a pumpkin for school and was searching for the craziest one she could find.

While Emmaline was in Fallon, she was put in charge of caring for "Lambie," that belongs to her cousin, Kate. Lambie got left at the great-grandparent's house and we've been caring for her until we can get her back to her home. Judy had a great idea to take Lambie different places and send pictures to Kate, so she wouldn't miss her so much. We continued... and Tucker has fallen in love with Lambie!

I don't know what it is with him and the much loved toys of other kids. He did the same thing at Christmas with Miles' kitty. Even when we bought him the identical Webkinz, he still preferred the old one. So if you've got any old, dirty stuffed animals hanging around your house... you know where to send them! =)
I think this old hay rake is Oliver's favorite part of the patch.


Tucker saw lots of kids having their pictures taken at this spot and asked me to take a picture of him and his "pumpkin patch" (that's what he calls those little white pumpkins).


We missed Savannah, though- so we'll have to find some other outdoor Halloween activity to make up for it!

No comments: