Anyway, after this, I promise to make a concerted effort to not tell stories that are sure to make Tyler sad. But I couldn't leave this one out.
The Sunday after Christmas, Oliver was asked to give a talk in Primary about Jesus. I thought I had prepared a great talk and Oliver had it pretty much memorized. We got up to the microphone and he started talking and then looked at me and said, "I can't do this." I reassured him that he could. We had practiced. It would be great. He began again and burst into tears as I realized what a bad idea this was. Here is the talk.
Right now my Dad is in the Philippines. He has been gone for a long time. He won't be back until February. I get to talk to him sometimes on the computer, but I really miss him a lot. I know that he will be back before too long and I will be really happy to see him.
When Jesus died, He told the people He would come back. After three days, he was resurrected. The people were really glad to be able to be with Him again. He has promised that He will come back again. Have you ever wondered what it will be like? I think if we are ready and we have been doing good we will be really happy to see Him. I'm trying to do what is right so that when I see Him again I will be ready.
Very inconsiderate of me to not realize how hard that would be for him! Definitely a talk we will all remember.
8 comments:
We just happen to be there for that talk and even through his tears we understood and were impressed with the thoughts given. I think even though it was hard maybe it will impress him for the rest of his life. We sure were impressed.
I just got teary eyed reading this...poor lil guy. That would be hard to say. So glad you all will be reunited soon.
Oh Ollie...those coconuts are just too much! I know he's counting the days until he gets to jump into Tyler's arms and squeeze him TIGHT!
What a GREAT mom you are for helping your babies understand that we grow the most when life is hardest through parables they can relate to. It will be so wonderful when Tyler is home again!!
What a GREAT mom you are for helping your babies understand that we grow the most when life is hardest through parables they can relate to. It will be so wonderful when Tyler is home again!!
oh what ever we all know he like dressing up .-emmaline
Ok, so I got teary eyed just reading it. What a precious child. I'm sure Tyler is feeling the same way too. Love you all!
What a sweet post!! I agree with Judy, I think that will be a talk he'll always remember.
How much longer until Tyler is home? Hang in there!!
Post a Comment