Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mr. Tumnus

I recently made Oliver give up his "ba-ba's". They were two baby blankets that he slept with and chewed and sucked on. I made him give them up because I suspected they were making him throw up at night. He keep getting what I thought was the stomach flu at night. Then he would be fine during the day, only to throw up again a few days later. After three times, I decided he must be choking on the blanket. He was pretty upset and wanted to call Tyler to talk about it. When Tyler asked him if he was tired of throwing up at night, he said no- it just kind of made his belly sore. Silly kid!

Anyway, like I said, these were his baby blankets. One of them came with a matching frog made of the same material as the blanket. Since his blankets are gone, he has developed quite an attachment to the stuffed animal (don't worry- he doesn't suck it). I found this drawing of him the other day and I thought it was adorable. I have no idea why we call that little guy "Mr. Tumnus." I guess we were listening to the audio "Chronicles of Narnia" one time and the kids thought it was a great fit.

4 comments:

Collings Family said...

When I read "Don't worry, he doesn't suck it," I literally burst out laughing!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

He is pretty spot on in that drawing! A budding lil artist.

Laura said...

oh gosh. Yeah, vomiting would be cause for removal of the lovey. Good thing he's found a replacement of sorts that he doesn't suck on. Sounds like a good trade.

Mormon Mom said...

Hey Charlotte, I love that you called Oliver's little toy Mr. Tumnus! He was one of my favorites in the Chronicles of Narnia Series!