But if I had to do it over again (which I WON'T- this is WAY too long for the good of our family), I would have done things very differently. I would have realized that my expectations of myself are just too high. I would have realized that everyone needs a break once in a while. I would have realized that you can't pretend that everything is "normal" for 5 months when things just aren't normal. 3 months, maybe. 5 months- impossible. I would have realized that I needed to make some lifestyle changes. But now that there are only a few (6 weeks) left, it seems a little silly to change anything, because then I'll have to change again back to "normal."
Anyway, this wasn't the post I meant to write. I was downloading pictures of the new garage (one thing I wouldn't do again- no major projects while one significant person is gone. Definitely not 2 or 3 major projects) when I started looking at all the pictures I have sent to Tyler and saw kind of a funny story. Oliver doesn't like to talk on the webcam much. I don't know if it makes him miss Tyler more or if he just thinks it is silly. Instead, he is always staging things for me to take pictures of to send to Tyler. Here are a few:
Other things I've found- if it can break, it will. I started to make a list of broken things, but it was so long I was embarrassed. Lets just say I know a lot more about plumbing and furniture repair than I used to. If they can make a mess with it, they will. Case in point.
Yeah, don't ask. If a germ is going around- everyone will catch it. Slowly and painfully, one at a time until we are all better and someone else can get sick with something else. It's been a long winter. I think we can see the end if we can just "hold down the fort" (as Mama used to say) a little longer.
11 comments:
You're in the home stretch!
I want to be you when I grow up :)
Oh, and thanks soooo much for the dresses. It was like Christmas. Chloe loves the brown skirt so much we had a fight because she wanted to sleep in it.
I'm so glad he's almost home...
that face-i guess tucker wasn't to embarrassed of the horrible mess he made. Good luck on you last few weeks!!!!
You're an awesome and inspiring person! Don't you find that we're much stronger than we really think, or ever want to admit, we are?
Stay strong! Wow!
You're better than me. When Tim's gone for long periods I try to keep the house clean, but dinners are another thing. I know I could spend a ton of time cooking something fabulous and then I'd be the only one to eat it, so it becomes fish sticks and pancakes until Tim gets home and I have someone to cook for again!
I can't believe all that you have done while he's been gone. You are a superwoman! Love you!
You are right you are needing a break, how is March looking?? I would go into "stall mode" at about 8 weeks, moved to Utah with you and Alyssa when it was a 6 monther. YOu have done very well indeed. Missing Christmas in there too, just not fair.
Hey, where are the pictures of the craft room AND the garage??? Your adoring public whats to see these projects!!
I don't know how you have done it for so long. How do you keep your cool and stay so sweet during all of this? Could part of it be Tucker's big blue eyes even in the middle of a horrible mess? Just a few more weeks until Tyler's home....yea!
Tim and I feel completely useless. We've been racking our brains for ideas on how to make things a little easier for you. We've asked Tyler too...and we're still stumped. We feel so sad for you and your family (Tyler included). My dad would have to go on 2 month long trips, come back for the weekend and then leave again for 2-3 months. This went on for years. I know it was hard on my mom. So I can only imagine how hard it is for you. I know you don't want pity and that's not what you intended by this post, but I want you to know that Tim and I really do wish we could help make things easier for you. We're so glad that he's coming home somewhat soon. I know your kids have been sick, but please let us know if we can come snatch the healthy ones from you. They're more than welcomed to come to our place for the day, night, weekend...whatever you want.
I love how proud of himself, Tucker looks copying Oliver's "showing".
Post a Comment