Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tiny Tots

Oliver and Emmaline had their first track meet tonight. Yep, it was for ages 2-10. It was HILARIOUS! Oliver had been telling us that he was going to win for a couple of weeks now. We kept trying to prep him for a loss, since he burst into tears during a practice run with Emmaline when Emmaline beat him. He stood at the starting line, arms poised- and took off. He was yards ahead of all the other kids, arms pumping. As he passed the finish line, he says to Tyler, "I winned my medal." For the second race, he did the same thing, only he decided to stop about 2 feet before the finish line. Tyler finally reached down and yanked him over. We didn't get a good video because I didn't know how to work Tyler's camera during the first race and Tyler just wanted to help him win, not take a picture (typical Dad, eh?!). During the second race, we took a video, but Tyler was cheering and taking it and I was holding the baby. Maybe he'll post that.


Emmaline had a fantastic beginning on her first race. Then, she turned her head to watch the other runners. This, of course, threw her balance off a little and slowed her down and when the first and then second runners passed her, she got a little discouraged. She did come in third. Wish we had a video of that to help her correct that problem. She did much better on the hurdles.

Unfortunately this was the only "Tiny Tot Meet" for the season (I could watch those the whole time), but hopefully we'll see Savannah and Emmaline have a lot of fun in the next couple of meets. I've already seen a difference in Emmaline since we've started the practices. Running is so good for stress and emotions. And the last couple of soccer practices, Savannah has started running like she means it! Can't wait until I can join them (gotta get a little sleep first, though!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have seen them run! It sounds like so much fun!

Love,
Georgia