Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Who's Thirsty?

Tonight during Tucker's "colic" time, Oliver suggested that he thought "him just wants a drink of water." This was interesting because a few years ago, when we were discussing how Emmaline cried all the time as a baby, she told us she really just wanted a drink of water. Maybe these guys are on to something. Or maybe I'm just wishing the answer was that simple.

In other news... we're on the soccer try-out circuit again this year. Scorpions has been fun, but I found out there is a comp team based in Sugarhouse (how convenient is that?) and Savannah would also like to try out for the team her best friend at school is on. We'll see how it all pans out, but we went to try out for the Red Devils (Sugarhouse team) tonight and SHE MADE IT! It's so fun to see how her confidence has grown. The first year of comp try-outs, she walked out like a scared kitten and didn't talk to a soul. Last year, she made it on 3 teams and got to choose her favorite. This year she ran onto the field, ready to go, and talked to the girls like they were already best friends. One of the girls on the team even commented, "I think you'd fit in really well on the team." Fun to watch.

5 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

"She" meaning Savannah? CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting for her and good for you to not have to drive so far. All your children are so different as babies and I guess they will as they get old too. When does Tyler get home?

Charlotte said...

Oops... corrected the "she" thing. It is Savannah. Emmaline's soccer experience is too complicated to figure out at this point! And I think Tyler is coming home next Wednesday, although I thought it was this Thursday- but I was told that wasn't right so WHO KNOWS?! Hopefully Tyler, I guess.

Leslie said...

that is so great that your girls are so athletic. way to go, savannah! can't wait to see you guys.

Tyler H said...

I sure would have loved to have been there!

Anonymous said...

Did you try the water thing? What if it does work? Wow!! :)