Here is an excerpt from her latest school paper. One of the great results of her new medical regime is that she can actually spell most of the words. Her teacher has always really praised and encouraged her writing (even allowing her to write papers on subjects instead of taking a traditional test), but until recently, we had to have her "read" them to us to know what they said. When I asked her where she got the idea for the beginning line, she said, "I had to have something to get everyone's attention."
Snowy Owl
The snowy owl looks as if it is dead.
Unexpectedly it went gliding over to some dry leaves. It was prey. This behavior was very interesting. I wish I was an owl, but I am glad I do not have to eat rodents. Owls think rodents are a treat.
7 comments:
Hey, we loved the pics. There is a place in LA that I think Emmaline would love (my kids do). It is an enormous Noah's Ark exhibit where all the animals are made of found objects like hers. It's all very hands-on and kid-friendly, so if you are ever in town we will be sure to go.
I'll post pics of the Noah's Ark on my blog soon, since we just went recently.
I cant wait to hear the details of this "show" she is planning. A little sad that no matter how it turns out she is going to be dissapointed...
Is that just her own project and not a school/class thing? Wow. Please send us an invitation to the show--we would love to be there!
OH Emma I love your animals aren't they just the neatest?? You have a great imagination to see something wonderful in the ordinary. They are just as wonderful as you are!! Love seeing them thanks Charlotte
You have such creative kids - I especially loved the post of chef Oliver. Thanks for the comments on my blog!
Post a Comment