Last night, while I was cooking dinner, Oliver came to show me the "rocket ship" that he drew on his hand. Although it did look amazingly like a rocket, I was quickly concerned by the fact that it was drawn with a Sharpie. When I asked where he got the Sharpie, he said,
"I found it and come look... here's a rocket ship, and here and here...." and he proceeded to show me around the hallway where he had drawn rocket ships on the wall! Some of the squares on the wall were completely filled in with Sharpie. Luckily, it all came off with a lot of elbow grease and a Magic Eraser, but it made me wonder what we did before those ingenious little things!
5 comments:
when you say squares on the wall, do you mean those molding squares in the stairwell or squares he had drawn?
i'm having very nightmarish images of those beautiful white molding walls colored in black!
i remember my dad "touch-up" painting every so often when I was little. i would follow him around begging to hold the paintbrush and paint something.
that's what we did before magic erasers. touch up painting! and i think of it every time i break out my mr. clean. :)
That is why I made the trim come up so high on the walls. The paint I used on the trim is a lot easier to clean - but by no means easy I am sure. Little turkey! I do kinda wish I could have seen those rocket ships though. I it has got to be a little confusing to see his Dad drawing and painting and stuff on walls all over the place and then be told "we don't do that". Sorry.
That is why I made the trim come up so high on the walls. The paint I used on the trim is a lot easier to clean - but by no means easy I am sure. Little turkey! I do kinda wish I could have seen those rocket ships though. I it has got to be a little confusing to see his Dad drawing and painting and stuff on walls all over the place and then be told "we don't do that". Sorry.
I agree--Magic Erasers are the one thing I don't think I could live without. Patrick wrote all over our kitchen table when he was a toddler with a Sharpie--and Magic Eraser got it right up.
Forget the Dyson vacum cleaner, The Magic Eraser and the Tide Pen are the two best cleaning inventions of the 21st century!
Post a Comment