
I'm sure you are all anxiously awaiting news of my exciting life in bed... so here it is. Tyler has made it so I can access my "big" computer downstairs from my laptop upstairs and Jaim has made it so I can print from my laptop, so I'm getting lots done on the computer! I am attempting to keep my calling as Primary Chorister by planning everything so someone else can just pick up the singing bag on Sunday and do what I have written out. Primary Chorister is my favorite calling and I don't know what else they might call me to do when I'm back up and around, so I'm trying to keep it as long as possible. We'll see how that goes. Last week the lady didn't realize she was supposed to look in the bag for visual aides, although I had emailed her the information, so Savannah said it wasn't the best. This week I plan to show Savannah what the plan is so she can help someone out if they don't understand anything.
I am also organizing all of my photos. For the past few years, I've just plugged in the camera and downloaded pictures and printed or used them as needed. I'm attempting to weed out the ones I can't use and organize them into folders according to scrapbook pages I plan to make. I'm considering doing all of the scrapbooking digitally since I could do all that from bed (Tyler has encouraged me to do it that way for years) but I just don't know. Mostly because I'm not sure if there is a fairly cheap way to print them. Anyway, I have organized photos for 2003-2006. I'm about halfway through 2007- hooray!
I also went to the doctor today. He did not repeat the fetal fibronectin because it is 95% accurate for the 2nd week it is given and the one I took last week was negative. He said this is the last week that I have to stay completely down (I guess that answers my question of whether he has really meant that I should be on total bedrest. He never used that word... and I didn't ask him straight out because I didn't want to know the answer.) After this week, if I choose to get up a bit (in doctor terms- if I "choose to increase my activity level a little"), I could have the baby and he could be fine (as far as lung development, etc.) but he would have to be in the NICU for a couple of weeks.
Or, as my doctor says, (did I mention how funny he is)"If you have him 6 weeks early, he might have to go to BYU or the U. If you have him 4 weeks early, he will probably get into Harvard, or Princeton or Yale." So my best chance of being able to bring him home would be to stay down for 3 more weeks. Bottom line- I guess I'm stuck here for a while longer since I don't think trying to organize everything for 3 kids and be at the hospital with a preemie is a better option than forcing myself to stay in bed and take the medication- which appears to be working.
So that's my exciting news. Now you can get back to whatever you are doing... laundry, chasing after kids, cooking dinner. I'm jealous.
7 comments:
So sorry you have to stay down for awhile; I know its a pain. Maybe I'll have to drop off dinner again soon!
I wish I could have a little more of what you are doing (resting). this nasty sinus infection is back and I have now been sick for pretty much six weeks straight...the doctors told me to get lots of rest and I said, "You know I have two little kids, right?" I think if I could rest I maybe could get better, but that's not really an option...the grass is always greener, I guess.
I'm frantically trying to get everything organized with carpools and my calling for the next couple of weeks when I'll be out of commission...I should call you for advice. I have a digital scrapbooking software if you want to "borrow" it.
i wish miles and i could come over and entertain you sometime. it's SOOOO boring being stuck in bed! at least you're making use of your time. how satisfying to get those pictures organized!
keep that baby in there, we don't want no scrawny legs!! :)
Tricia,
thanks so much for taking the time to come spend time with Charlotte. I am not sure she even recognizes it, but Charlotte has clearly been happier since. She claims to never get lonely, but I just don't believe it.
Are you kidding Tyler? I love spending time with Charlotte. She has always been one of my most favorite cousins, event after she moved far away to Texas (haha). I just wish I lived a little closer.
Yeh, for the Dr. Yeh, for you organizing you scrapbook pages! You accomplish a great deal even when you are in bed amazing. When I come we can compare notes, I have really wanted to get into that! There is a printer one could get that prints pages that last about 100 years they say. The good thing about digital is that you could print multiple pages, multiple books. Anyway good for you. See you really soon.
Post a Comment