Saturday, December 01, 2007

The "Real Thing"

So I had my "official" ultrasound on Thursday. Since it seemed kind of anti-climactic (since we have already had 2 from Fetal Fotos), and kids weren't allowed at the hospital, I had Tyler stay home with Oliver. The only problem is, as I sat in the waiting room, I remembered that I have never had a normal ultrasound. Savannah's brain was "too big" and Emmaline and Oliver both had choroid plexus cysts. The wait was a bit longer than usual since the hospital is brand new and they are still working out the kinks, and I sat there in agony for a half hour wishing I had brought Tyler along. When I finally got in, they had a really hard time getting "still" pictures because the poor baby was doing an amazing number of gymnastic moves. Since he is normally very calm, I attribute this to my own lack of emotional control. But all is good. "He" is still a boy, my due date is still April 10th and he had the smallest cysts of any of the kids yet. Whew, glad to have that over with!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah--so glad everything looks good. And, if it makes you feel better, Phillip and Will both had those cysts too. The ultrasound technician I had said they are finding them on more and more babies as the technology gets better and better.

Laura said...

I've never heard of those cysts, but I know that your kids are fine now, so I hope that your new little guy is doing ok. You know, your kids are better than fine, they are fabulous. Give them a squeeze for me for entertaining my kids, and for Ollie for finding the kitty and abating a disaster.

Judy Huntzinger said...

I don't know what those cysts are either. Maybe it wasn't so bad in the "olden days" not to have so much information since they don't seem to know what to do with it anyway.
Glad everything is fine with that little "Tucker-guy" and we look so forward to meeting him. Not more than you look forward to having him born, I am sure.
Can I tell you again how much I like that picture of you? I think it is just wonderful, no matter how many tries it took to get, you are photogenic!