We had a kind of laid back birthday since Tyler and Emmaline are gone. (I think he may have told Judy it was kind of a bummer birthday!) He chose to have Lamingtons instead of a traditional cake (it's a coconut and chocolate cake from Australia- we have this Children's World Cookbook that the kids love to cook out of) and roast, mashed potatoes and rolls for dinner.
I was cleaning out his backpack after the last day of school and found a "Most Creative Student Award." His teacher wrote: Oliver- You are a fun and interesting boy. Your fascination with certain non-fiction books that you learn from and examine for hours is amazing. Your artwork is so creative and has such thoughtful details. You have made remarkable progress in reading, writing, and math this year. You did a terrific job as the dog in our play, and I have enjoyed being your teacher immensely. Keep working hard!"
I was THRILLED!! Despite hours of homework and tutoring, my kids struggle in school. Some teachers just don't get them. I love that she "got" him and I felt like she celebrated with every success that we had this year just as much as we did. He's made amazing progress in reading and you should see his mad math skills! He's such a great kid and I'm so glad to be his mom.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Oliver. I can't wait to see you soon!
Isn't it the best when a teacher looks past the "usual"? I'm hoping Ben gets several teachers like this! Happy birthday Oliver!
I LOVED talking with you on Sunday, aren't you glad your birthday isn't always on a Sunday? Glad it was a good one after all> Happy Birthday, Ollie!
Post a Comment