It was certainly a lesson for me in the power of prayer and the Holy Ghost, though. I was trying to figure out what to do quickly since I only had about 20 minutes until the InstaCare closed. At that time, Emmaline was still a bit of a handful and I knew she needed all my attention. Just as I was trying to decide whether to call Georgia to meet me at the InstaCare to get Savannah, I got a phone call from the Young Women's president that I was working with as a Beehive Counselor. She lived just down the street from me and said, "I have a feeling that I need to call you. Is everything alright?" I always heard about those stories in church, but never experience one. It was amazing!
But I digress...
Friday night we had just come home from Savannah's soccer tournament. I was in the laundry room and sent Oliver in his room to put on his pajamas. Suddenly I heard a THUMP, followed by a blood curdling scream. I ran into his room to see blood squirting everywhere. He was leaning over to take his underwear off and lost his balance. Since he didn't have his hands ready to stop himself, he slammed right into the edge of the trim around the closet. I grabbed a diaper just as Emmaline was coming in and she said, "Want me to go start the car? You see, "bring me a diaper" is Tyler's code for "I need something to stop all this blood and then we're on our way to the ER." It works great!
He was incredibly calm throughout the whole thing (11 stitches total- in and out). There was a discussion among the nurses as to whether whether the doctor was super skilled or he was just an amazing kid. I pled the latter.
As we finished up he said, "Now I feel just like I'm home in my bed." What a goof!
5 comments:
YIKES!
Ohhh so sorry. Oliver is so brave, good for you! BUT I hated to see that wound, it looks bad, but good for an Army Guy right?
Whew! I hate these kinds of emergencies! Glad it all worked out.
That looks like it is gonna be one tough looking scar.
I love those spiritual experiences! So glad you had help from a friend who felt inspired to call you at the time of the incident. I hope all is well and that Oliver feels better. Hang in there Charlotte!
Post a Comment