Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

The Saturday before Easter, we took the boys to an egg hunt at the rec center. I've never been to that kind of thing and couldn't believe how crazy it was. They had thrown 15,000 eggs out into the field and after the buzzer went off, they were gone in seconds! Good thing we got there early. It was so quick, I couldn't even find Oliver (Tyler was in charge of Tucker)- so no pictures! It was fun, though and Oliver is already making a strategy for next year.

Later that day, we picked up Savannah and Emmaline from the airport. They had been visiting Micah and Stephanie in Virginia.


They had a BLAST! I think it made them feel very independent and Emmaline is convinced we need to move right next door to them =) We sure missed them and were glad to be back together again.



Easter morning began bright and early with Resurrection Rolls. The "bright and early" explains Savannah's absence from the picture.


In the afternoon, we hosted Georgia and her family, Ryan and his family and Jaim and Jody. I say "hosted" because I hardly did anything except get the house clean! We dyed eggs before dinner.


Stephanie taught Emmaline a really cool trick of dying them with silk ties. They definitely turned out the prettiest.


I couldn't get a picture with all the kids looking cute at once- one picture even had EVERY child with their eyes closed (that takes real talent!).

Gone are the days of dressing the kids all alike.

I miss it! After I put on Oliver's outfit he said, "I feel like such a gentlemen." Tucker ran around saying, "Hello, mate" all morning. LOVED the whole day.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Everyone is so cute!!!

julie said...

They all look so darling. Its tough being a teenager with young siblings. Savannah can sleep all she wants! haha

Anonymous said...

From the looks on all the kid's faces you would think egg dying is some pretty serious business at our house, even lil Tucker, so intent! Tyler