Monday, March 08, 2010

Welcome to Cebu!



I won't make any promises about how much I'm going to blog since I'm not sure what my schedule will be like yet, but I'll try to write a little here and there. I left on Friday night and got here at about 5 p.m. on Sunday. Very disorienting! On the first flight, the stewardess announced, "We've arrived in L.A., however we have had an incident and police officers must enter the aircraft. You won't be released until they give us permission." They came in and escorted this guy off the plane that was sitting about 5 rows in front of me. I couldn't hear what they were asking him, but after they took him off, they were getting a written statement from the girl sitting behind him. Very odd.

Otherwise, it was pretty uneventful. I flew on Korean Airlines. I loved the outfits of the flight attendants, but wasn't so keen on the "traditional Korean meals." I think they were disappointed and kept saying, "Are you sure you wouldn't like to try a traditional Korean meal?" In spite of my weak stomach, I like to try lots of different foods- but I just can't do Korean food. Ever since we lived in Student Housing next to the family that ate a lot of kim chee. Anyway- so far I haven't eaten much of anything except the food I brought with me and this is going WAY too quickly.

When I looked at my plane ticket, I could see that I had quite a long layover in Manila before I took the one hour flight to Cebu. I was thinking- there is no way that Tyler is going to wait that long. He'll be at Manila waiting for me. And of course, he was! I think he was a little disappointed I wasn't more surprise, but I was actually looking for him. He said, "So it actually would have been more surprising for me to wait?" Yep. Guess that's what being together for almost half our life does to us- not many surprise. I love that. He looks great, but is so tired! As we were waiting for our flight to Cebu, he fell asleep (above picture). Lots of long hours, and it's not over yet!

I met our Filipino employees today. They told me I look like Gloria Estefan because of my hair. Haven't ever heard that one before. Everything looks amazing! I've never seen a temple done quite like this and it is gorgeous. I know I'm probably more than a little bit biased, but it truly is incredible. When I saw the sealing rooms, it made me hope that someday Tyler can do a temple that our kids can get married in. Wouldn't that be fantastic?

We're feeling a little discouraged today since the guy from Salt Lake was here and added even more work. We had hoped to have a few days to have a little fun, but now are just hoping that Tyler will be able to return with me. Keep us in your prayers!

5 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

Oh,Charlotte thanks for the blog!
I hung on every word. I wish wish wish we could see it. Pretty sure it is just something wonderful. This certainly has been an uphill effort both ways. YES our prayers are with you hope you feel of their peace for you. I got a new lady to visit teach that lives right in our building she is Phillipino, (why can't I spell that word?) Praying for all of you.

Georgia said...

I can't believe that you are blogging! I'm so glad that you've had the chance to go see the temple there, and it would be absolutely amazing to have your kids be able to go to a temple their dad did to receive their ordinances. I hope Tyler gets to come home with you! Your kids have been angels. They are doing great! Tucker was actually saying John's name last night, too. We both feel very honored!

Portia Cason said...

I'm glad you're finally able to be with Tyler. I know how hard that is. Your plane ride sounds stressful, though! Have a lovely trip!

Alyssa said...

I bet it's fun...enjoy!

Downs Family said...

I am so glad that you get to go and see Tyler. It has been a long few months for your family.