I asked this question the other day and Emmaline said, "I think we did just fine without him for a lot of years."
Oh, Emmaline. What would we do without Emmaline?!!
Anyway, this is going to be picture overload, but I've caught Tucker doing so many funny things lately and I haven't blogged. About a week before Christmas, he became a changed little man. For the good- thankfully. It almost seemed like he could see that I was so stressed and so frantic, he decided to become a bit easier to get along with.
He really loves babies. This is a little Calliou doll that he carries around a lot and was trying to "feed."

Emmaline loves to drag him around. On this day, she got him all bundled up for a sled ride around the yard.

Headlamps are about his favorite thing.

I could do a whole post about him and his hats, but here are just a couple.


He begged for his cowboy hat as he was going down for a nap and put it on his head. Where did he learn that? Just genetic, I guess.

He has always been picky about eating. Not so much about what the particular food is, but about whether he can feed himself and what utensil he would like to use. He can actually use chopsticks pretty well.

And he LOVES to peel little "cuties" and eat them.

I think part of why he is happier these days is because he has figured out how to get most things he wants. But that does lead to the inevitable problem of getting into positions/places he shouldn't!

We think that he thinks Tyler now lives in the computer. Whenever something happens (bumps his head, someone takes something away from him...), he runs to the bedroom and starts typing on the keyboard and saying, "DaDa"- hoping Tyler will pop up on the webcam. He has recently started to enjoy the T.V. show "Blue's Clues." We think he thinks "Steve" on the show is actually talking to him since he answers back. Kind of like a webcam?! He recently said his first sentence while talking to Tyler. He said, "Daee, where go?" If you listen closely, you can hear Tyler crying from across the ocean!!
11 comments:
that chopsticks picture is adorable! and serious pity for tyler tonight. he must miss you all just painfully!
So sad for Tyler! I love the picture of him sleeping with his cowboy hat over his face. That is priceless!
The picture of him with the headlamp is very cute! He's so gorgeous. What a surprise he'll have when Tyler finally comes out of the computer. Poor little guy.
Adorable. See? This is why I wanted a little boy. That photo of him taking a nap with the cowboy hat on is so funny. I hope Tyler comes back soon, so he doesn't get too used to talking to him via webcam.
Aren't webcams the best?
And I still can't eat with chopsticks...
I love that he thinks daddy lives in the computer and when ever he needs daddy's help he runs to it. That is the cutest thing ever! Hope he's okay with Tyler when he realizes that he's not just the guy on the screen. I bet you all can't wait for him to get home.
He is too cute! I love the pictures!
Tucker is growing so fast. I see a difference just since Christmas! You have cute pictures of him. When he really does talk he just might say the darnest things (nothing new there!!)
Such cute pictures -it is always sad in a way when they grow up (even tho we all know that is the plan) -hopefully he won't do too much before Tyler gets back. Nothing is quite as entertaining as little kids!
Thats one of the cutest blogs I've read in a long time. You'll make it, just keep hanging in there. Wish I was there to help. Love ya
So cute! yeah you got along "fine" but, look at what you were missing!?! :) He's such a doll. Fun to see his determined personality emerge. It's great how those boys ADORE their daddy no matter where he is, even if he's just "virtually" there. that second picture in the hat series looks a bit like Jake did at that age !??! I Guess that's just proof they are cousins-and Jake was much happier when he was able to do more too(how can they not be frustrated when in their minds they KNOW they can do it but their little bodies just won't cooperate!?!) I hope the days pass quickly until the WHOLE family is together again.
Post a Comment