Monday, January 05, 2009

Cousin's Sleepover

We used to have a cousin sleepover with Alyssa's kids once a month. Then we just kind of got out of sync and some of us got a lot more kids =) and we haven't had one in quite a while. We drew Alyssa's family to give Christmas presents this year and decided (besides little gifts) that the best present for the kids and Alyssa and Steve would be a sleepover. It was a great success overall. The kids didn't sleep very well, but I think they had a blast. At one point (about 2 a.m.) Evan figured out that you could turn on the radio on the intercom system from downstairs. I guess the other kids had a hard time too because I found this little card, written by Anna to Savannah, today when I was cleaning up downstairs.

(I love the little picture and "Qeen Savannah")

"Sorry we dident trun out the lights. Sorry we were copey cating you!"

Fun times. They even tried to clean up a couple of times (including vacuuming) to keep me happy. I sometimes think Alyssa's kids will grow up and say to my girls, "Remember when we used to spend the night and your mom would make us clean up all the time!" I'm trying to get better at just relaxing and enjoying the time they get to spend together.

5 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

You brave woman many of us would not even attempt this. I know they all loved it. They will remember it as a great time and worth your effort,(it would be hard for me to volunteer for a night without sleep) :0)

Unknown said...

o hilarious. I am sure they will have fond memories of it.

Portia Cason said...

That's the cutest card. You're brave to have all of those children. It's fun though, isn't it? Cousins are the best!

Alyssa said...

Thanks for having them! We had a great night out ...and as far as the cleaning goes...they all feel like they clean ALL the time around here(even if it doesn't show:/ ) and vacuuming is the most coveted job...So, I don't think they'll be complaining. Thanks again!
We are ready for our turn when you are!

Collings Family said...

I love that card, that is so sweet.