I was just writing an email to my niece who recently emailed me to let me know she is expecting in June. I was saying to her that I hoped she wasn't too sick, and then I remembered the cutest thing that happened.
On Thursday night, Tyler took the girls to a fundraiser for their soccer team (Emmaline has joined Savannah's team for the indoor season). They cleaned up a "section" of the stadium after the U game to earn $1,000. The only problem was... a "section" was half of the stadium! They planned on it taking about 1 hour. They didn't get home until almost 2 a.m. It was awful. It had been rainy/snowy, so not only was there garbage everywhere- it was soggy, yucky stuff. Anyway, because they got back so late, I let everyone sleep in on Friday morning. I was sitting in bed, nursing the baby, when I heard the sweetest noise. It's was Oliver, who woke up and began singing to himself,
"Heavenly Father, are you really there? And do you hear and answer every child's prayer. Some say that heaven is far away, but I see it close around me as I pray. Heavenly Father, I remember now. Something that Jesus told disciples long ago. Suffer the children to come to me. Father in prayer I'm coming now to thee."
Emmaline sang a duet of that with another lady at church last month. We practiced A LOT, but I didn't realize that he had learned the words. That was the most amazing way to wake up. Anyway, Beth and Kristine, I know you already know this, but if you're hanging your head over the toilet and feeling like you can't take another day- just know that it's all worth it.
3 comments:
That's so lovely and sweet.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. :) Sounds like it's definitely worth it.
Ollie has such a sweet voice anyway that I am sure hearing him sing is wonderful. Thanks for the wonderful story.
Post a Comment