
When I asked for more details, he just said his teachers told him to cut up a calendar. It's amazing to me to see how different boys and girls are. Oliver is amazingly silent about what goes on in preschool. While the girls would come home, bursting with info about what they did, who said what to whom and who wore what color shoes... Oliver just says things like, "It was fun." I try to pump him for more details, but they usually come later in the day while he is taking a bath or when something else reminds him of an experience at school.
From this project, I don't know whether the preschool is even more developmentally inappropriate than I thought, or he just didn't care about it- about doing it or about listening to the instructions.
I can't remember if I've shared the preschool dilemma on this blog or not. You see, I signed Oliver up for one of those preschools that you have to put your name down at birth... literally. I called a couple of days after he was born, and he was number 19 on the list. Amazingly enough, even with that much time, he didn't get into the 3 year old class and only got into a 4 year old afternoon class. Since he still takes a nap, that wouldn't work. So I signed him up for a preschool through the school district. It isn't Head Start, but it may not be a lot better. Another mom in my ward has put all of her kids in there and really likes it. Anyway, it worked out great because I can carpool with her and I got a morning spot. Also, to be honest, I didn't think it mattered much. I am seriously considering holding Oliver back a year since he has a summer birthday. I always wished I had done that with the girls, and since boys tend to be a little more behind- it just makes sense.
Plus, I know Oliver will get a lot of attention regardless of what preschool he attends. This may sound a bit biased- but everyone loves Oliver. At a Primary Activity last month, I overheard this mom say to another mom, "Of all the kids in our ward, Oliver is my favorite." Another couple named their baby "Oliver" because they said he had endeared them to the name. He's just that kind of little person. Don't get me wrong- he still pulls his crazy little antics. (Last night he blew out two plugs in our bathroom because he was trying to make the Kool-Aid that he found as a "prize" in the cereal box in the sink in the bathroom. The pitcher overflowed and the GFI's didn't work.) But he is a lot of fun. He is also so interactive and assumes that everyone enjoys his company so much that he demands their attention. Anyway, he's a nutty little guy... and maybe that explains this work of art. It just fits his personality.
4 comments:
Some of that is just being a boy--I never know what is going on at school. And he probably didn't care about whatever the assignment was.
But that Oliver--what a cute little boy!
Looks like he is very literal and task oriented.
Matt
This cracks me up! It reminds me so much of Kevin. He HATED "craft" projects and all of his turned out about like this. And, look how well he turned out!
Georgia
He's got me charmed, that's for sure. As a "youngun" in school, I would definitely vote for being the oldest in class versus being the youngest. I was always socially behind and had to work really hard academically to keep up with everyone. Everyone got to drive first, date first, got boobs first...it sucked being the youngest!
Hey - you wouldn't happen to have any leftover Halloween costumes that Carter could borrow would ya? I'm asking around cause I don't want to buy one - he probably won't wear it anyway.
Post a Comment