The Red Devils took second place at the tournament! I thought that was great, but the team was a bit disappointed. They have taken second in the last 3 tournaments and placed second in their division for Spring Season. They call it the "Second Place Curse" and are really working to make it over the top.
The last game was brutal. The team they played had easily beaten them 3-0 earlier in the tournament and I think expected another easy win. But Savannah's team had learned a LOT in the tournament and were really giving them a rough time. The other team (USA) started fouling like crazy and the ref didn't call any of them. Our coach got so mad, he started yelling at the ref to "do his job" and got a yellow card. He is normally a really mellow guy, but these fouls were so obvious and our girls were hurting. After getting the yellow card, he yelled to the girls, "Get the ball or take out a girl... I don't care which."
That's when all hell broke out. I have never seen Savannah's team like that. After Savannah got knocked down with an elbow, she even got up, furious look on her face, with both elbows out. I LOVED it! They fought their little hearts out and the final score was 1-0.
1 comment:
I have a really hard imagining Savannah getting really aggressive.
Post a Comment