Monday, August 11, 2008

Savannah the Young Woman

So yesterday was Savannah's 12th birthday. I can't believe it! And neither can she. She kept saying all day, "I can't believe I'm old enough to get my ears pierced" and "I can't believe I got my ears pierced" all evening. Yep... today was her big day. It was action packed and at the risk of boring you all, I must post all of the pictures (since Tyler wasn't here).

We began the day by picking Caroline up from the airport (sorry Shawne- forgot a picture of that). We went directly to register the girls for school, where I realized I forgot Emmaline's birth certificate and immunization form. We went home and then back to get them both registered (they'll both be at the Arts Academy this year- yeah). We were hungry so we headed to Sonic for lunch (Emmaline captured this one.. isn't it great?!)

The girls spent the afternoon designing dresses. They treated Georgia and I to a fashion show where we were encouraged to ask questions.
"Is this a custom dress or will it sell in retail stores?"

"Where do you envision wearing this type of gown?"

"What price range do you think it will be in?"

We left the boys with Aunt Georgia and headed to the Gateway for the event of the day... ear piercing!

Not sure is Caroline is giving support or adding to the fear =)

She was so brave... her eyes didn't even water.(I remember my did!)

A quick trip across the fountains a couple of times.

Then we had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (notice they all got Webkinz while we were at the mall).

We went to pick up the boys and found a birthday cake waiting. This one deserves to be on Cake Wrecks (funny that Tricia just introduced me to that blog on Saturday)- yes, the bakery did this beautiful job of decorating.


This one was cuter. See how Emmaline helped blow out the candles?!

It was a great day. Savannah is such an easy kid. She was recently given the nickname "Flow" by her soccer coach because she always just goes with the flow. She is fun to be around easy to love. We're so glad she is part of our family!

5 comments:

stephanie said...

she sounds like such a great girl!

Collings Family said...

I like all of the details. I can't imagine when my girls will finally be twelve! Seems like so much fun.

Judy Huntzinger said...

Yes, she is!! Love you, girlie. Glad you had a great birthday. Thanks for talking to me on the phone.

Anonymous said...

Yes!! You should send that cake picture in. Hilarious. Glad Savannah had a great birthday. I still remember the day I got my ears pierced (I turned the earrings compulsively because I was terrified the skin would grow over the backs of them). Such a milestone!

Portia Cason said...

I can't believe she's twelve! The last time I saw her she was a little toddler. It looks like you all had a really fun day!