This post is almost too embarrassing to write, but it is so funny, it must be recorded. On Friday night, Tyler went with the Boy Scouts to "Camp Klondike." I think the name says it all. He shivered so much in the unheated cabin that he was exhausted when he got home at about 3:00pm on Saturday. I needed to take the girls to "World Thinking Day" for Girl Scouts at 4:30pm. I decided to put in a movie for Oliver when I left, thinking it would give Tyler time for a nap before they ate dinner. We came home at about 8:30pm that night. Oliver greeted us at the door and all seemed fine. Until we came into the kitchen.
Apparently Tyler had fallen asleep and never woken up. Oliver decided to fix dinner himself. Here is what he ate:
One large plate of uncooked macaroni, sprinkled liberally with dry Dream Whip mix.
One box of frozen waffles, one bite out of each waffle, sprinkled with dry Dream Whip mix.
Oatmeal that he had prepared with Megan's water bowl (we know this because he told me).
Very ingenious, we thought. Amazing how resourceful a 2 year old can be, left to his own devices.
3 comments:
oh my gosh! that is sad and funny at the same time. so he ate the macaroni uncooked, the waffles frozen?
what in the world is dry dream whip mix? a powdered creamer or something? poor kid. i hope he got whatever he wanted for dinner the next night.
i've often wondered what my kids would do if left alone like that . . . i think it would be all about fruit snacks and juice boxes.
Dream Whip is like powdered whipped cream. I had it in my pantry for "emergency" desserts. I think it is about 2 years old! :/
somehow i don't think my oliver would have fared so well.
Post a Comment