Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Being Elmo

The Sundance Film Festival is in town and the Salt Lake Arts Academy had the opportunity to see the documentary "Being Elmo." When I went to pick Emmaline up at the theater, she asked if she could bring Tucker in to meet Elmo. I agreed, assuming that the guy was walking around, with the puppet, meeting people.

Well, you know Emmaline. I walk in to hear a lady telling her, "He's doing an interview, but I think he is going to come out this door. Don't get your hopes up, but maybe." So as soon as he came out of the door, Emmaline runs up to him and says, "Can we see Elmo?"And yep, we got to meet Elmo. The real, live puppeteer- with the puppet in hand! It was just us, those two, and a few reporters and photographers... a little private meet and greet. Gotta hand it to Emmaline- when you think rules don't apply to you, you can sometimes make amazing things happen.


Tucker was unfortunately VERY shy. I guess I don't let him watch enough Sesame Street to understand just how exciting it was!

The other adorable little girls is Emmaline's friend, Chloe, that we were giving a ride to school. Forget about the rest of Sundance. We've met the important stars!

2 comments:

Georgia said...

That is amazing!! Emmaline is going to do just fine in life. I love her spunk!

Stacey said...

That is awesome! Kaylee would have been in heaven