For some reason, the last week of school before summer was really hectic. Honestly, I can't even remember what we had going on, but I certainly felt like I couldn't keep track of everything- getting everyone where they were supposed to be, planning summer trips and such. One day, I went to pick Oliver up to find a VERY sad boy. I guess the teacher had chosen a day for kids with summer birthdays to celebrate and somehow I didn't know it! He was devastated and I felt like an awful parent. We promised him any type of birthday he wanted... but his ideas kept changing and it was summer- so it never happened. (Again- we are horrible parents!) A couple of weeks ago, he asked me when his 1/2 birthday was. He quickly decided we should celebrate with some friends at the Dinosaur Museum.
Remember
Ollie? Now I can see why he enjoys her so much.

Not only do they share a nickname, they are interested in all the same things.
(Yes, she is wearing a tie. It was part of a costume for a class play earlier in the day.)

I'm pretty sure he and Ollie could have stayed there for about 4 more hours, but McKay was tired and wanted to go home.
This requires a LOT of brushes.

It was a great day and I think he's forgiven me for the earlier omission.
No comments:
Post a Comment