Friday, September 17, 2010

Nebraska

I have so many pictures to post, it's hard to know whether to just put them up or write! We went to the ranch a couple of weeks before the reunion to check things out and try to help with any last minute preparations. It was pretty much flooded from unusual rainstorms but we had tons of fun. My favorite story from the trip was finding "The Greatest Place on Earth." One day Emmaline and Oliver came back, breathless from an adventure. They begged me to come with them to a wonderful place that they had named "The Greatest Place on Earth". We trudged with them through water

and pasture

(can't go far without the sword)
to find what used to be someones dump. It was full of old license plates, bottles, etc.

Oliver turned to me and said, "Don't you think we've hit the jackpot!" (in a sing-song voice) LOVE IT!
A couple of weeks later we came back for the reunion. What to say?! It was so fun to shoot guns...

(Tucker had to have a turn too!)


do crafts...


roast marshmallows...

(check out Emmaline wearing the "safety glasses" so she could look at the fire?!)
drive the Kubota...


play Kubb...


pretend we were cowboys...



eat yummy food...


play in the "indoor sandcastle"


and just generally have a good time together.


(had to include this picture Leslie took of me with Audrey since I have so few with myself in them and she seriously looks so much like I did at that age!)



Every time I visit, it makes me a little sad that my kids can't have the ranch experience that I had growing up. I guess a few weeks, here and there, will have to do.

3 comments:

Ashley and Drue said...

oh yes, we LOVE Nebraska!

Alyssa said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love the highlights in your hair---that is a great picture of you!

Collings Family said...

Wow...I want a ranch!