Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Vive La Paz!

I always have such a hard time with vacation recaps. It's hard to know whether to talk about it or just do an overload of pictures! Just like last year, we had a wonderful time in La Paz. It is truly a magical place that I fear is about to be taken over by American tourism! There are so many new condo developments being built, but for now it virtually untouched. In fact, one day we were at the beach and Emmaline said, "This place is too crowded." I looked around and the only other family there was about a half mile away! You do get spoiled with so many beaches that are completely private.
Tucker did really great on the plane ride. He loves to share Tyler's ipod.

He thinks these rides in front of the ice cream shop are so fun.

Izzy was so sweet with him and often let him ride along when it was her turn.
Oliver is always looking for some type of exploring. He found this big stick to drag around for a while.
Then Tyler used it and some other driftwood to make a boat.

Here's a sand castle, Emmaline style! =)

You might notice that she is holding her finger in the air. The day before we left, she got frustrated and slammed her hand on the table, hitting one of her stud earrings. For some strange reason it got huge and infected. It took us a while, but we were finally able to find some good old penicillin to give her and it healed up nicely.
This year Tyler took Savannah fishing with him. I wasn't there, so there aren't any pictures, but they caught lots of Mahi Mahi and tuna. Savannah also had her 14th birthday while we were there.

14, can you believe it?!! She is such an amazing little girl and I am enjoying our growing relationship as she matures... although I miss my baby. When Tyler gave her a father's blessing before school, he mentioned our family that "she helped to build." I really loved that because it speaks to the important role she plays in our family. We had to do the usual pinata.

Brad is keeping a safe distance! =)

One day Oliver and Izzy built an animal "school" with all the creatures they found.

Another day Tyler found a ray for the kids to play with.

After we visited the sea lions, we went to a beach where Oliver got stung by jellyfish. Mustard seemed to help.

I really think I enjoyed the trip more this year. Although we did a little bit of exploring, I loved being familiar with most of the beaches and knowing which ones were good for shells, snorkeling, or just relaxing and where to shop. But most of all, this trip was better because I can swim! I didn't realize how much that kept me from really enjoying boat rides and snorkeling, but it made all the difference. We had great time together as a family and with Brad, Kendall and Izzy and we can't wait to go back!!

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Looks like a fabulous trip! I'm so glad that you had a good time, and most of all, that you returned safe and sound!

Alyssa said...

Looks like fun! So glad you are enjoying the benefits of swimming--sounds like there will be lots more to come!