Saturday, July 03, 2010
and speaking of growing up...
Since Oliver and Tucker are 4 years apart, they don't get along as well as we'd like. I mean, they don't really fight- but Oliver mostly prefers to do his own thing... without Tucker destroying everything he builds with his Lego's. The other night, they were getting along especially well. Tyler was laying on the bed, with Tucker in one arm, watching T.V. Oliver walked into the room and Tyler said, "Oliver, I've got any empty arm for you." Tucker, who ADORES everything Oliver does repeated, "I got empty arm" (or as close as you can approximate that without actually enunciating any words). Oliver smiled and climbed in bed beside him. Tyler, not wanting to waste such an opportunity, decided it was a great time to move Tucker into the downstairs room with Oliver that night. I'll have to take a picture of that completed room for anyone who still hasn't seen it. The beds are built up on the shelf, like the girls room, but it has a "castle" theme. Tucker still needs help to get up into bed and down from bed- which actually works out great because he stays put when you place him in bed at night. It has been an amazingly simple transition. Now I guess it's time to put away the crib for good. I'll get right on that as soon as I can stop crying about all my babies being so big now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so sweet. I would LOVe to see those pics when you get around to it =)
Pictures? Ya, me too! throw in some of the garage and craft room too? K? thanks ;0)
Wow Charlotte. You are a champ for doing something so hard. Wish I could say the same. I love the details and the humor you put into your writing. Say hi to Tyler for me.
Post a Comment