I had one of those days today. You know, the kind where everything is a mess and everything is broken. My washing machine got a sock stuck in it and broke the hose, so I was off to the laundry mat. The hinge on the dishwasher broke because Tucker kept standing on it. My laminator broke because Emmaline had the brilliant idea to use it to press leaves.
So I finally feel like I have a handle on things... I've done the laundry, cleaned everything up and scrubbed the kitchen floor. Then it's Emmaline's turn to choose an activity for Family Night. Okay, so it's always Emmaline's turn. The rest of us would just as soon play cards, but she always wants to do something different. And what does she choose? Making goo from cornstarch and water. I could say "no," but I get sick of being the mom who "never lets us do fun stuff 'cuz it's too messy." Instead, I spend another hour scrubbing that darn slate floor again. Uhhh! I'm off to bed!!
4 comments:
Oh the life of a mother. I promise it does get better, and they do grow up and leave. (sniff, sniff)
You're wonderful. I'm the mean mom who don't do it because it's messy.
It is definitely not just you. I feel like I have those days all too often.
LaVar says, "You are a good mom". Those days to end and those are the things we remember and laugh about. "Remember the time....."s.
Post a Comment