Yesterday we decided to welcome in autumn with a "pick your own" extravaganza with our friend Shukri and his boys- Adam and Alex.
We began the day picking raspberries.

It's been pretty cold the last week, so we definitely got the last of the crop. As Tyler said, it felt more like gleaning than harvesting.

There was a great little farm next door with ducks, deer, and turkeys. Oliver loved collecting feathers.

I was worried that we wouldn't get enough to do any canning, but we ended up with 17 lbs! Hooray!
Then we went to Cracker Barrel for some breakfast.
I always love the rocking chairs there!

Tucker wants to be a big kid so bad.

Then it was off to the pumpkin patch. One of my friend's cousins has a huge farm. It is always so exciting when we pull up and see so many pumpkins! The kids just race right out to look at all the variety.

Oliver had a hard time deciding which pumpkin to get.

Emmaline almost decided to get this squash, she thought it was so unique.

Have to take a picture with the hay rake!

It was a great day even though it makes the autumn seem REAL, and thus winter is just around the corner- bleh.
3 comments:
Great day great memories. You guys do the most fun things!! I'm with Ollie there are so many wonderful pumpkins picking one is just hard, maybe getting a squash is just the ticket. Christmas trees are another selection that is hard for me, but in the end they all look just beautiful.
LOVE pumpkin patch pics!! Such a great season but I hear ya on the winter thing...I swear Utah gets totally jipped out of a fall. I remember So many Halloween's spent in the snow as a kid....Blah.
Oh, this looks like so much fun! We want to go with you next year!
Post a Comment