I don't cry very often as an adult. I guess I got it all out of my system when I was a child. I was that kid who started crying and just couldn't stop. I would sob uncontrollably until my whole body would just shake. I always hated that feeling and worked really hard to be able to keep my emotions in check.
Yesterday was a hard day. First of all, I was supposed to go to breakfast with one of my really good friends that I don't see often. I stayed up late, making her a gift, only to have Oliver wake up with the gooped over tale-tell sign of pink eye. Tucker woke up with a stuffy nose and a fever. Since fun plans were off, I decided it was a good day to tackle the baby clothes. I just dumped everything on the floor and got busy because Tucker would only be happy out of my arms if I was sitting right behind him.
I decided a while back that I would save one special outfit and one special blanket for each of the kids and give the rest away. I certainly wasn't prepared for the emotions that simple exercise brought. Seeing all the ity-bitty outfits they wore home from the hospital, cuddling a little with each of the blankets I happened to like the most when they were each just a little bundle. It was heart wrenching and I was totally caught by surprise. I was so happy to get rid of all of my maternity clothes. So excited to know that I would NEVER have to do that again. But knowing I'll never have another sweet little newborn? It's harder than I thought.
4 comments:
You've made me cry! It's so sad to think of all of the "nevers".
oh i am so there with you. we're selling the crib this week. :(
Oh, Charlotte I know the feeling. But then again, here comes Johnny! It's not the same, but having your girls and Oliver close by during their baby and toddler years helped me so much! Love you! Georgia
I feel a little choked up after reading that...what special moments we have to treasure:)
Post a Comment