Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day of the Dead

Our library had a really great celebration for "Day of the Dead." I don't think the kids really understood what it was all about, but they had sugar skulls for the everyone to decorate. All was going well until I had to take Oliver to the bathroom. This is what Emmaline's skull looked like before we went to the bathroom.

This is what it looked like when we came back.

She said she just couldn't resist it, it smelled so good. Then, she remembered that she really wanted a skull to take home, so she stopped eating it and drew a skull on the leftover piece. The funniest part was that before this point, I don't think most of the kids understood that the skulls were actually made out of sugar. Suddenly all the kids were furtively trying to take a lick. I hear parents around the room saying, "Those are not to eat!" but it was a lost cause. Who ever heard of sugar that isn't for eating?! =) We quickly scooted out of there to escape all the dirty looks from the other parents. Emmaline is such a nut.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

seriously! why would it be made out of sugar and you can't eat it!
too funny.

Portia Cason said...

That's hilarious! Especially the face on the last half of her skull!

L Huntz said...

I think Emmaline is great! And obviously not to insecure to try what she thinks.
Love you all -- grandad

Collings Family said...

That is a hoot. Reminds me of last week in nursery when some genius decided to have 30 two year olds try and decorate sugar cookies with candy and icing. Mass hysteria ensued.