Okay... we're back and I'm going to post billions of pictures of the reunion, but last things first (since Tyler hasn't seen this yet). Savannah got to go to girl's camp this year. She doesn't turn 12 until August, but the deadline was September 1st, so she got to go. We flew her back from Oakland since we were staying a little longer.

She had a BLAST at camp! She didn't shower for the entire week.

One of the leaders said they had the girls sing a little song and do a dance as "punishment" for leaving dishes, etc. She said Savannah had to do that every day. Savannah corrected her and said she had to do it for every MEAL every DAY! So much for "punishment." Savannah loves to perform! Her hair was almost in dreadlocks.

The other girls had obviously had fun braiding it with strings and such.

I can't believe she is old enough to go (later this summer she will also go on Trek), but I think it was great for her to be "on her own" and making new friends.
4 comments:
So glad you're back!! You are such a brave mom to send her on a plane by herself--I would have a heart attack. It's so hard to see your babies growing up.
she has the most amazing hair! -- even if it hasn't been washed for a week.
it is seriously weird to see her so grown up! how did you ever get that hair combed through? that's like my worst nightmare.
oooh, savannah just stop it!! You just can't grow up so fast, I just hate it, but /i know you love it so I'll suffer it. Maybe that will mean that you will come see us at the beach. Hope so!
Post a Comment