I've been having a bit of pre-term labor (I recently found out it was caused by 2 infections that I have) so Ollie and I have spent a bit of relaxing and watching T.V. Add this to the fact that my older girls have come to love "Super Nanny" and "Celebrity Apprentice." Anyway... I didn't really realize Oliver was paying much attention to it until we passed a bus on the way to take Savannah to school. "One call, that's all," he said, quoting one of those ambulance chaser guys with his huge picture on the side of a public bus. "That's what that guy says."
I was feeling like a pretty bad Mom and wondering what I was going to do about it as I sat on the toilet after we got home when he comes bursting in the bathroom (privacy is a lost concept with him). "Sir, we have a sick panda bear that we need you to come check on." At least the balance with his imaginative side has not been lost!
8 comments:
So, how is the panda?
Matt
I was wondering the same thing... did it pull through?
Love that Oliver. And they are probably not watching as much TV as you think...that ambulance chaser has a pretty catchy phrase (and he says it about a million times in each ad).
Not to worry... Oliver has been "babysitting" the panda all day and after a good check-up, he appears to be fine =)
I got a photo for him I will upload onto the blog by tomorrow.
I watched a huge amount of TV as a kid.
Take that as a warning or a reassurance.
50 (20?) years from now psychic interface will blur the boundary between mind and machine, techno-telepathy will mute the mouths of humanity and turn the cortex into a cacophony of brain-mails, and we will long for the simpler times when broadcast signals went into boxes in the living room instead of nano-growths sprouting from the cerebral cortex.
'Back in my day we used our FINGERS to press buttons on a REMOTE CONTROL to change channels on a TV! You kids have it so easy...'
That is so funny!
I'm not sure it will take 20 years.
Post a Comment