On Friday I took Savannah to an orientation for her new school. Even though this was all her idea, she was so nervous. After sitting and listening to the principal for 30 minutes, I thought her nose was going to be raw, she had rubbed it so many times (a new nervous tick, apparently). Afterwards, the returning students took the new students on a tour. Savannah looked at me with a terrified look, but I encouraged her to go. During the closing ceremony, she ran up and said, "I made 3 new friends. That has to be a record for me before school even started!" I was so proud! Moving has not been the best experience for her, but she won't let her own fears interfere with what she really wants.
It reminded me of the time I won the "Louisiana Award" at the Regional Social Studies Fair in Alexandria. When they called my name and I ran to receive my award, Mama yelled, "That's my baby!" That was the BEST feeling to have her proud of me. I thought there was nothing she couldn't do and I wanted to be the best for her. I think of Mama a lot when I think of my choices. I know she is very aware of us all and I hope as she looks down on me and my life this Mother's Day, she says to Grandmother and Paw-Paw and Aunt Teency, "That's my baby!"
2 comments:
too sweet, she always knew just what to say to make you feel even better than you think you are. we miss her so much. love you!
Hey! You need to post something. :)
Post a Comment