Friday, May 16, 2008

Another one bites the dirt

While I'm making breakfast, I hear Emmaline say, "Sing with me Oliver. Duh, duh, duh. Another bites the dirt." I absentmindedly tell her it's "bites the dust" to which she replies, "No, I'm saying that as the sod the neighbor is throwing over the fence hits the ground." I want to cry. Not because we don't need the sod to cover our dirt back yard and not because it isn't nice that he offered to give it to us since he is "zero-scaping" his backyard... but this is the 3rd day I'll have to lay sod and I am tired! I thought he already gave it all to us, but I guess he realizes I won't lay it all in one day, so he's giving it to me a little at a time.

Sigh... Oh well. I was hoping to use my "free time" today to go through the front closet and sort out the winter clothes. I think it might not snow again this Spring! I guess I'll go lay the sod right after I clean up this mess of dental floss that Oliver so creatively arranged while I was feeding Tucker.

Do you think he's jealous or something?

4 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

Thanks for the update. Even if it isn't good news we love to read about what is going on.
Love you!

Tyler H said...

I think he actually thrives on unsupervised playtimes. He certainly seeks them out.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are actually trying to lay sod, you crazy girl! You have got your hands full!!

Love,
Georgia

Anonymous said...

I agree with Georgia--you should still be in your stay in pajamas all day phase!