Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Emmaline

I went to register Oliver for preschool today. It's one of those crazy preschools that you have to sign your kids up at birth... literally. Emmaline got in for one year by mistake (after we paid our money, they realized they had mixed us up with another Emmaline- truly the Lord looking out for us since it turned out to be the year Mama died and the support for both Emmaline and myself was amazing). As I walked in the door, a teacher stopped me and said, "You're Emmaline's Mom." I was a bit surprised since that was 5 years ago, but I confirmed that she was right. She went on to tell everyone her favorite "Emmaline" story.

One day, Emmaline announced to everyone that she had brought a popsicle to "Lunch Bunch." She opened her lunch box and pulled out a package of popsicle soup (melted popsicle). When her teacher suggested that when you bring a popsicle, you have to put it in the freezer, Emmaline responded, "Or maybe I should have packed some ice."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you decided to put Oliver in afternoon preschool? I'm sure it's a weight off your mind to have that taken care of.

Emmaline is very unforgettable (in a good way).

Tyler H said...

She is one interesting kid! Mostly- well, often, at least- in entertaining ways.