Thursday, October 08, 2009
She didn't get my teeth...
When you look at Savannah and Emmaline's teeth, it looks like Savannah got Tyler's teeth and Emmaline got mine. Apparently not so! Emmaline recently had to have 2 teeth pulled and 1 filled.
The teeth were pulled because they have already been filled twice. She grinds her teeth so much at night, the fillings fall out and cause her a lot of pain. Often kids that grind their baby teeth stop the habit when permanent ones grow in. Hopefully that will be the case for her and the permanent ones are so close to the surface, it made sense to pull them out. At least, that's what Emmaline thought. She didn't expect it to hurt quite so much. She named the teeth "Bits" (because it was pretty much in bits by the time it came out) and "George". She spent some time complaining to them on the way home about how much they hurt. What a funny girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh Emma! It's a good thing you are writing these things down. You would never be able to remember "Bits" and "George" and you don't want to forget!
Tim grinds his teeth too at night, so he sleeps with a mouth guard that helps a TON. The grinding used to cause him headaches, but the mouthguard takes care of those too. Maybe Tim would be mad that I told you this... (TMI?)
i grind mine too...not as often as i did in high school and on my mission. If i get tense then at night i'll grind them.
could it be hereditary?
HA!!! Glad to see the other posted comments...I was debating how I could say..."I think I know where those teeth and habits came from!" ahh...that grinding Surprised I can even fall asleep without it now...ha!!
I was always so worried you guys! I could always hear it. Well, sharing a bed but, then even being in the next room! Guess I should have learned to fall asleep faster than you:) I say mouth guards all the way!!!
Glad those bits aren't bothering you anymore! Good for you to be brave about it too!
That is quite a nice wall behind her!
That is quite a nice wall behind her!
Post a Comment