
Today Emmaline came home from school and related her lunchroom experience. A boy in her class found mold on the top of his yogurt. He went to the lunch lady and asked if he could exchange it for another one. Her reply? "Deal with it, pumpkin." When I first heard it, I laughed my head off. But when I thought about it more, I was kind of appalled. Believe me, I know that dealing with kids is no piece of cake, and customer service probably isn't in her job description... but he did pay for his meal. Charter schools are looking better and better.
4 comments:
We actually applied for a charter school this year for Clara but didn't make the list. They do a random drawing of names. What are you guys going to do next year?
eeewww.
neal wants to know when emmaline can apply for the school that savannah goes to? does she get any preference since she has a sibling there?
Emmaline is applying this week for Salt Lake Arts Academy (the charter school Savannah goes to) and she does get preference since she has a sibling there. Cross your fingers!
It is still quite hilarious to me that she has to pretend that she doesn’t want to go there just because Savannah goes there - well probably more because Savannah LIKES going there- when the so obviously Lights up whenever we are there and she gets so SUCKED IN by all to the projects on display.
Post a Comment