
I hate to cave to the "peer pressure" of other bloggers (since many are taking this day to pay tribute to our prophet's passing) but I wanted to share my favorite memory of President Hinckley.
When Tyler and I were in our student ward, we got a call one Saturday night before Stake Conference from our bishop. He encouraged us to come early the next morning. Since we had recently been sealed in the temple by Elder Scott, we assumed that it was he who would be making a "surprise" visit. We were sitting, facing away from the door, when suddenly you could feel the whole air of the room change. I can't really describe it except to say that I could physically feel a change before I even realized that he had entered the room. Suddenly everyone on the stand was on their feet singing "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet" and we realized the prophet had come to our Stake Conference. He said he just happened to be home and called around to ask who was having a Conference that he could attend. He probably didn't speak for more than a couple of minutes, but it was truly one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had.
1 comment:
That's a really sweet entry Charlotte. And I love the candid picture of him.
p.s. Yes I do want you to come shopping with me! And thanks for the Grocery Game info...I'm checking it out.
Post a Comment