Thursday, July 01, 2010

New approach on parenting

(sorry for those that followed this thread on Facebook... it's too good to skip)

The other day Tyler was working on building a new stone wall around our front yard. Jon was working on the side of the house, on a different part of the fence. I was inside trying to make some sense of our house. You see, as usual, we have about 30 projects going on at once.

It began with tearing out the back windows of the house to replace them with more efficient ones. This meant that the back seating area needed repainted. But as with all remodel projects, one thing leads to another and pretty soon I was out of a kitchen for 3 weeks while we completely repainted it. At the same time, we decided to take advantage of some great rebates on a new washer and dryer since our next project was to dig out a small storage area coming off the laundry room which would make it difficult to replace a washer and dryer. We realized, as we did this, that we actually needed to pour more cement to make a more stable surface for the washing machine- so I was also out of a washer and dryer for 3 weeks. Add to this, Tyler was working on some tight deadlines for temple projects and had millions of books, papers, and a vinyl cutter machine in the front of the house. And to bring it full circle- we replaced the back fence (which was torn out when we built the garage) and began the stone fence in the front. Yes, I am completely attempting to justify leaving Tucker outside when he obviously wouldn't be completely supervised as I tried to clean my house.

Anyway, I hear Jon yell, "Tyler, could you come here and bring a camera?" This is what we found.


I guess he was trying to visit our neighbor's dog. Jon said, "I guess we can't be trusted to watch Tucker." Tyler suggested that they just try that maneuver sooner next time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ha! how long was he hanging there? hilarious!

Judy Huntzinger said...

Oh that Tucker funny guy! I was thinking someone might think you were exaggerating the "30" projects all at once, but after hearing you explain what all was going on there, all I can say is that is just amazing and go and rest awhile. Huntzinger curse taken to another level, could I say I'm sorry? Although, your house is just amazingly beautiful!!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

That looks like it could be on the cover of a funny greeting card. So hilarious! I have to admit although I'm envious of you being homeowners, I don't miss having the constant "project list" Good luck to you guys :)

Collings Family said...

That is HILARIOUS!