Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Holiday Decorating Ideas

I don't usually get much response to my blog... but I'll try once again. The Enrichment Committee is in a bind and they have asked if I will give a mini-class next Saturday on Holiday Decorating. Given that I have a little over a week to plan this, don't decorate (that's Tyler's department), and I am a little busy trying to get ready for this Saturday... I need ideas. Got any great, cheap things you like to do to spruce up for the holidays?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

i love to use greenery, real or fake, anywhere i can. I put wreaths on large mirrors with those little suction hooks, white lights wherever they can go, and i try to avoid Santa-y stuff. I collect Nativity sets, hmmm, what else? I try to match all my presents under the tree with a color scheme. last year it was gold and shades of green, even light green. i think it looked quite nice! i think simple is best, i don't have that many decorations, but everything i have, i love.

stephanie said...

i wish i had some ideas for you. that is a tough assignment! leslie had some nice ideas, and she has excellent taste, so i am sure what she suggested woluld be beautiful. from what i hear of you and tyler, though, you BOTH have excellent taste, as well, so i know you will be able to come up with something! good luck!

Natalie said...

Hi Charlotte - I saw a cute decor idea and had to share - get little jewelry gift boxes (the little white ones, you know?) and stack them on top of each other, creating towers of various heights. Then wrap them with ribbon the same way you would if they were just one box, with a bit of the ribbon on each of the four sides, tying the bow on the top...is this at all understandable? I saw it in a magazine and thought it was really cute. The Container Store has a lot of boxes of various sizes in solid white - good luck!
OH and I just HAD to mention how cute the baby sling is that you made Leslie - almost made me want to have another baby real soon! I LOVE your taste in fabric - words cannot express how jealous I am - covet, covet, covet.