On the first day of school, there was a Mom in Oliver's classroom that really made an impression. She was extremely loud and could not stop talking the entire time the parents were there.
One of the conversations with her son went a little something like this, "Now honey, I think you're supposed to sit here at this desk and start to write on this paper, eyes down on the desk, paying attention, I know it's hard for you to pay attention, but focus on this sheet of paper, eyes right there until you get this done, right here on this desk, front and center, let's get this done quickly, pay attention...."
I'm not sure how she was even taking a breath, but it went on and on. She wears a lot of blue eyeshadow and is extremely animated. Her son had a birthday party on Saturday. When I went to pick Oliver up, he said, "Andre's mom keeps saying this "f" word that really confuses me and my friends. I don't know what she is talking about." You can imagine my relief when I went to thank her for inviting Oliver and she kept saying, "Oh it was phenomenal. The kids all had a phenomenal time. It's been a phenomenal day." (I'm not kidding- she said it three times in a row.) The "f" word-phenomenal- whew! That's one I can explain.
2 comments:
That is hilarious!!
yeah, living where we live we've had to explain the real f-word to Sam already. Kids say it at school. It's shameful what kids learn to say...they are eight! Glad Ollie's not there yet.
Post a Comment