It reminded me of something that happened to Emmaline long ago. I had gone to her kindergarten class to help with the Christmas party. One of the first things they did was a craft where they were supposed to draw a Christmas tree on a piece of paper. After receiving instruction, Emmaline got straight to work. It was only after she finished that she looked around to the other kids' drawings. Then, she burst into tears. When I asked her what was wrong, she explained that her tree didn't look like a Christmas tree like the other kids. Her tree was drawn with individual branches. I wish I could find it! Every other kid in the class had drawn a tree shaped like a triangle. I think that was one of those moments when her teacher could finally see "who" she was. They struggled a bit that year, but I definitely felt like after that incident, she saw that Emmaline's little personality just couldn't conform. She's got more creativity than a class full of kids put together!
So back to our tree. I haven't regretted it for a second and it is definitely a conversation starter when people come over! Since we've gone a little skimpy on decorations with our lead interior designer out of the country- that's a good thing!
7 comments:
I love it! It's a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree!
You should see ours - Carter can't keep his hands off of the ornaments and there is always a pile of them underneath the tree. Then there are the popcorn strings that have been half eaten, and I let the kids hang the ornaments so they're all in a cluster at the bottom in the front. Trees with "personality" I love them!
it's perfect! i love it. :) we get a real tree every year, but since we'll be spending Christmas eve around your little tree, we skipped the tree shopping and put up a small fake one. oh well. :)
I think it actually looks really great. It looks like an "old fashioned" tree, if that makes sense.
the real story is I dint figure out my self my tree looked bad kids told me tree was bad and i was bad at cutting then I cry-ed and my teacher came over and i told her what they said she ask them if it was true and they wont ed-met it so I cry hard because they were not my friend any more then my teacher got my mom out of Joeys class room and she made me happy
emmaline
That is a touching story! You are such a grat mom and have a wonderful family. Merry Christmas
Oh man I love the tree! My dad is really gonna love it too!
What RACHEL said, that's it! He will, he's more like Emmaline than we knew. Yup, its the truth. Thanks for the clarification Emmaline that makes your mom very special, which we already knew.
Post a Comment