I realize I STILL haven't posted my kid's Halloween pictures, but it turns out I made a real mess of them and haven't felt well enough (big surprise, I know) to load PhotoShop on this computer (and Tyler is still in New York), so it will be a while.
Today I've been thinking a lot about this baby's name. It's a weird thing, with my other kids, by this point, I've "known" what they would look like and easily chosen a name that I thought "fit"... although Tyler usually tweaks them a little. I don't have a clue what this baby looks like and not a clue what he would "like" to be named. It's a real dilemma. Tyler feels like he can't feel like it's "real" until we name it... so I'm in a little bit of a crunch (although the big event is still 4 1/2 months away. He and Oliver want to name him "Tucker." I have always loved that name (it's my middle name), but I'm just not sure it's THE name. Especially since the name Tucker has also been given to one of his older first cousins (although there is a 20+ age gap). And since none of my other kids have been named "after" people (excluding Oliver's middle name)... I'm not sure I should start now.
I still love the names Harrison, and Fielding (but what would you nickname him?), and Quinton (although all of these are also "family" names). So one last time... what do you think? (And not Grundy... come up with something else, Matthew!)
12 comments:
i like all of those names! i think picking a name is the hardest thing-- especially for boys. good luck!
Here is a list of my favorite names,
Claudius Maximus
Hercules
Bo n Luke (one name?)
Bocephus
Apollo
Just something to think about.
Seriously I do like Henderson.
Matthew
i know a boy down here in houston named henderson. that's a cool family one, but those henderson portraits are scary. i'd hope your son never came across them in a dark room. :)
i am no help because i seriously love tucker, harrison and fielding. harrison with your last name might be a bit much. lots of Hs and lots of letters. ;) i wouldn't worry about the tucker v. thing. it's a different generation, even though they'd be cousins. after all, tucker is almost a daddy himself!
i think tucker neal is nice. :)
or how bout jefferson tucker and call him jeff?
or fielding james, which is one of my all-time favorites. i didn't have the guts to name miles "fielding" even though i love it. and not everyone needs a nickname. you and tyler don't really have them. neal and i don't either, come to think of it.
our second place boy names were elliott, matthew & lincoln, all my brothers' names, but also all nice names anyway.
I have given you all my suggestions--I am all about the family names, though. I love James, Walker, all the names that are used so much in our families but are great names just the same. Other family names to consider: Warner, Calvit. I'll do some more research for you!!!
I've always liked the name Dallin, I've always liked my brother's name Mitchell. Other notable ones for me have been: Colby, Gavin, Mason, or Landon... (Micah has a favorite name which I'm forbidden to say, because he told tim once and now they're fighting over the name, who ever has a boy first gets it lol)
Oh and Addison... I love the name addison
On the other side of your family there are alot of Nathaniels and "Nat"s, as well as (again) Madison Fiske that has distinction, course what is a nickname for that "Mad" or Maddie?? Huh?'
There are Glenns and how about Merriman?? That hasn't been suggested. Merriman Hightower Huntzinger that uses many letters in the alphabet. Lavar has a cousin "Hardy" not suggesting a nickname for that. My sister has a Reginald, they call him "Reggie". Is "Mister" Oliver's nickname? Just wanted to add but maybe not seriously LOve You all
Tyler has suggested Merriman also. I think kids would call him "Merry," though. I'm also kind of thinking of Graham. Warner is a great name as well. I kind of feel like I've fighting against the inevitable... and we'll name him Tucker.
wow lots of good names here and I love all the ones you thought of. I also have to admit I real like "tucker" the best though ;)
Well it is going to be completely up to you. Of course - like all of them.
Just to be clear... both my mother and I are really mostly just kidding about naming that little boy Merri.
Tucker is a good name. Maybe he'll design cars...
Post a Comment